- How Activists Looks to Be Private Equity in Public - Wall Street Journal (blog) October 28, 2016How Activists Looks to Be Private Equity in PublicWall Street Journal (blog)The activist investors are stealing the private equity playbook. As the Journal writes today, there's been a recent convergence of private equity firms taking public stakes and activists buying targets outright. One factor that's driving the ...
- Private equity returns top asset classes - Pensions & Investments October 28, 2016Pensions & InvestmentsPrivate equity returns top asset classesPensions & InvestmentsPublic pension data released by the American Investment Council, with help from analytics provider Bison, show that the median private equity return outperformed all other asset classes over the trailing 10 years ended June 30, 2015. Private equity ...
- MOL Group VP moves to private-equity backed Azimuth - Energy Voice October 28, 2016MOL Group VP moves to private-equity backed AzimuthEnergy VoiceA former senior vice president at MOL Group has joined private equity-backed Azimuth to lead commercial aspects of the company's global upstream drive. Brian Glover, who had been working in Hungary, will take charge of the firm's development of its ...and more »
- When It Comes to Private Equity, Is Smaller Better? - Institutional Investor October 28, 2016Frisco FastballWhen It Comes to Private Equity, Is Smaller Better?Institutional InvestorBecause most small to midsize institutions like GST Charity cannot access big-name private equity managers that raise multibillion-dollar funds, their investment committees often shun this asset class entirely. More generally, these trustees also often ...Form D of The Day: Southocean Private Equity Partners Filing. Richard […]
- Masergy Predicts Growth, More Commitment To Partners As Another ... - CRN October 27, 2016Masergy Predicts Growth, More Commitment To Partners As Another ...CRNMSP Masergy Communications is now under private equity firm Berkshire Partners' ownership. With Berskshire owning majority stake in the company, Masergy ...and more »
- Private Equity Threatened by 'Populism,' Hamilton Lane Says - WSJ - Wall Street Journal October 27, 2016Wall Street JournalPrivate Equity Threatened by 'Populism,' Hamilton Lane Says - WSJWall Street JournalThe rise of “populist” politicians in western nations could challenge the ability of private-equity firms to do business and make money, according to a report from ...and more »
- Carlyle aims to raise $100bn over next 4 years - Financial Times October 26, 2016Financial TimesCarlyle aims to raise $100bn over next 4 yearsFinancial TimesIt invested $1.6bn in equity in the three months that ended in September, the same amount as in 2015. Carlyle “is doing the right thing being patient, but with just $1.6bn of capital invested in the quarter, dry powder builds, and [assets under ...Carlyle Aims […]
- The missing middle in African private equity - Financial Times (blog) October 24, 2016Financial Times (blog)The missing middle in African private equityFinancial Times (blog)Parallel to the global narrative about Africa's economic progress, the discussion about private equity in the region has taken on a bipolar nature—either there is too much money chasing too few deals or there is a dearth of capital for African ...
- Listed private equity funds set for a comeback - Financial Times October 21, 2016Financial TimesListed private equity funds set for a comebackFinancial Times“It's a sector that's been unloved for many years,” said Ewan Lovett-Turner, investment trust analyst at Numis, the broker. “Many investors have had no reason to hold [private equity] — it doesn't fit neatly into the asset allocation of wealth ...Private Equity Firms Distribute Record $443Bn […]
- Financing 'trick' boosts lucrative private equity fees - Financial Times October 20, 2016Financial TimesFinancing 'trick' boosts lucrative private equity feesFinancial TimesWillis Towers Watson, the world's largest adviser to pension schemes, has accused private equity managers of employing a little-known financial engineering technique that flatters their investment returns and helps them claim lucrative performance fees.
|Disclaimer: ANY-Web Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any problems or losses encountered as a result of your use of its sites. Please read our Full Disclaimer and Privacy Statement for more details. Your use of our sites is bound by their terms.|
Also see our Anti-Spam and Copyright notices.
|Copyright © 2016 ANY-Web Ltd. - About Us|
Please read our FAQs and contact us if you have any questions or comments about this web site.