- Canadian private-equity firm may buy Save-A-Lot: Report - Supermarket News September 30, 2016Supermarket NewsCanadian private-equity firm may buy Save-A-Lot: ReportSupermarket NewsA Canadian private-equity firm has emerged as the leading bidder to acquire the Save-A-Lot discount chain from Supervalu, according to reports late Thursday. Rueters said late Thursday that Toronto-based Onex was the lead bidder in an auction conducted ...and more »
- The future of private equity – by Thomas von Koch - Financial News (subscription) September 29, 2016Financial News (subscription)The future of private equity – by Thomas von KochFinancial News (subscription)It can sometimes be tricky to explain private equity's role in society, however, the answer to me seems quite simple – it is our responsibility to build better and successful companies that can provide for people's future. And if we are to […]
- Private equity house bulking up gym industry - Courier Mail September 29, 2016Courier MailPrivate equity house bulking up gym industryCourier MailFitness First's existing owner, Oaktree Capital Management, and the Jetts Fitness vendors have agreed to take equity stakes as part of their sale agreements. Quadrant, based in Sydney, may also seek other investors for the new group. The merged vehicle ...Fitness First gyms in new handsSBSQuadrant eyes […]
- The Morning Risk Report: Private Equity Guards Its Public Image - Wall Street Journal (blog) September 29, 2016The Morning Risk Report: Private Equity Guards Its Public ImageWall Street Journal (blog)Sign up for the WSJ's half-day conference on the future of financial regulation on Oct. 18, featuring Paul Volcker, Sheila Bair and others. http://finreg.wsj.com/. When Blackstone Group private equity head Joseph Baratta said on Tuesday at the WSJ Pro ...
- Moleskine Turns Paper Into Big Profit for Private-Equity Owner - Wall Street Journal September 29, 2016Wall Street JournalMoleskine Turns Paper Into Big Profit for Private-Equity OwnerWall Street JournalThe private-equity firm earned dividends from Moleskine and sold a 15% stake to another private-equity firm in 2010. It sold shares in Moleskine to the public in 2013 and sold more shares in 2015. Now it is selling its remaining 35% stake to […]
- Standard Life trust boosted by European private equity growth - FT Adviser September 29, 2016FT AdviserStandard Life trust boosted by European private equity growthFT AdviserThe volume of new buy-out transactions rose modestly in the European private equity market in the second quarter of 2016, while the value of total buy-outs increased materially to €27.bn (£23.2bn), from €15.2bn (£13.1bn) in the first quarter of 2016.
- In Caesars Bankruptcy Fight, Private Equity Owners Fold - New York Times September 28, 2016New York TimesIn Caesars Bankruptcy Fight, Private Equity Owners FoldNew York TimesEfforts by Caesars Entertainment's private equity owners, Apollo Global Management and TPG Capital, to salvage something from their $30 billion casino buyout largely failed after creditors fought back. Under terms of a new deal, junior creditors would ...and more »
- Standard Chartered Is Trying to Get Out of Private Equity - Wall Street Journal September 27, 2016Wall Street JournalStandard Chartered Is Trying to Get Out of Private EquityWall Street JournalNow, losses from some recent investments and a regulatory clampdown has it looking for ways to get out of private equity. Standard Chartered is close to deciding on a plan to spin off its principal finance arm to an internal team led […]
- Turkish Private Equity Deals Signal Investment Appetite After Failed Coup - Wall Street Journal September 26, 2016Wall Street JournalTurkish Private Equity Deals Signal Investment Appetite After Failed CoupWall Street JournalISTANBUL—Turkey's biggest casual dining chain, Big Chefs, sold a minority share to an internationally backed private-equity firm, a sign that resilient consumer demand is drawing some investors to the country, despite July's failed coup rattling the ...
- SVG takeover battle reunites team as private equity bidders circle - Telegraph.co.uk September 24, 2016Telegraph.co.ukSVG takeover battle reunites team as private equity bidders circleTelegraph.co.ukThe £1.1bn takeover battle for the listed private equity investor SVG has reunited two women who fought a hostile bid together a decade ago at BAA. Lynn Fordham, chief executive of SVG, has called in senior Lazard adviser Melanie Gee to help defend the ...and more »
|Disclaimer: ANY-Web Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any problems or losses encountered as a result of your use of its sites. Please read our Full Disclaimer and Privacy Statement for more details. Your use of our sites is bound by their terms.|
Also see our Anti-Spam and Copyright notices.
|Copyright © 2016 ANY-Web Ltd. - About Us|
Please read our FAQs and contact us if you have any questions or comments about this web site.